About Southern Garage Doors
I would like to introduce myself, I am Matthew. I have been working in the garage door industry for over 9 years now. I worked side by side with my father for roughly 4 years full time learning as much as possible from him during that time. I am a licensed garage door contractor in Sarasota and Manatee and Counties. I grew up in western Pennsylvania and moved here in 2011. I enjoy quality time with my family and friends, fishing, and traveling. Fun Fact: Ask me about working on an Alpaca(small Llama) farm!! I specialize in taking your phone call and repair and service. If I do not answer I am in the middle of a job and will return your call the same business day.
My Father, Ron, started Southern Garage Doors in 2013. He has worked in construction his whole life. Ron grew up on a farm in southern Indiana. He enjoys taking weekend vacations, spending time with family and friends, and he really enjoys staying busy throughout the week.
At Southern Garage Doors, we want to treat you, how we would want to be treated!!
We believe that dealing with a smaller company like us help enrich the customer experience by:
1. Better Customer Service.
2. Not getting lost in the system. (We have all heard that at some point of time.)
3. NO HIDDEN FEES, EVER!! We have absolutely nothing to hide. We want to treat you with fairness and honesty.
We are dedicated to exceptional garage door repair and in Sarasota and Manatee Counties. We use the highest quality parts and materials to repair garage doors properly the first time.
What Makes Us Different
Our goal is to offer superior service, which includes:
Treating you, how we would want to be treated.
We are a Father and Son Business
Ron and I are Experienced and knowledgeable, and operate with integrity.
Our staff consists entirely of our own employees.
Our company vehicles are owned and insured.
We do not use sub-contractors to install or service our products.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
We are Licensed and Insured in Sarasota, and Manatee County.
We handle large and small Garage Door repairs with the same commitment to excellence. When you need Garage Door repairs, we understand that you need service right away to protect your home and family. Whether you need a new garage door opener, garage door spring, or have any other Garage Door need, we are ready to serve you.
Solutions Tailored To Your Needs
We understand that in most cases it is far more affordable to fix a garage door than to replace it, so we work hard to provide affordable maintenance through inspections and garage door repairs, rather than pressuring you for new garage door installation before it is necessary. We can replace your broken Garage Door Spring or Garage Door opener in a matter of hours, providing you with the peace of mind that comes from knowing your family and your property are safe.
Serving Sarasota & Manatee Counties.
12 Questions & Concerns to Discuss with Any Garage Door Company
1. Does the contractor carry general liability, and workers compensation insurance?
– Southern Garage Doors has both.
2. Does the contractor have a current contractor’s license and registration?
– Southern Garage Doors is licensed in Sarasota and Manatee counties. LICENSE INFORMATION: Sarasota County License: #SGD-36, Manatee County License: MC00001
3. Don’t be pressured into “buying today” or “up-selling”.
– Southern Garage Doors exercises a no-pressure approach to selling.
4. What payment options are available?
– Southern Garage Doors accepts cash, personal checks and Credit cards.
5. Does the contractor have experience with jobs such as yours?
– Southern Garage Doors specializes in residential garage doors. Garage Doors are what we do. Our tenured craftsmen have completed thousands of repairs and replacements, the same or similar to yours over the past several years.
– Southern Garage Doors proudly displays reviews on our website.
7. How long has the contractor been in business?
– Southern Garage Doors has been in business for 9 years.
8. Do they have their own employees to perform the work, or do they rely solely on subcontractors or day workers?
– Southern Garage Doors has 2 Employees, Ron and Matt, Father and Son.
9. When are they available to start your project and what is the lead time?
– Southern Garage Doors strives to communicate effectively. For repairs we schedule as soon as possible or when it is convenient for your schedule.
10. How professional is the contractor at returning phone calls and in other business dealings?
– Southern Garage Doors does it’s best to answer the phone right away however if we are driving or on the job we will return phone call the same business day.
11. What percentage of your business is repeat or referral business?
– At least 75% of Southern Garage Doors business is based on referrals from our satisfied customers.
12. Do you have identified service vehicles?
– Yes. Our truck and van is clearly marked.